Anthony Galluscio Headlamp Review
- Item: Headlamp
- Quantity: 1
- Make: Energizer
- Model: Vision LED Headlamp, Red, Three lamp
- Cost: $16.00
- Weight: 3 oz
- Notes: I embarked on my Foothills Trail adventure in early September. It was still quite warm in the Carolinas during the day so to avoid some of the heat my routine was to get up as early as 0430 and start hiking by 0500. Normally, I would start out hiking in the bottom of a valley I had camped in the night before. With all of the tree cover and no sun, the visibility in the early morning hours was horrible with real potential to lose track of the blazes and get lost. This head lamp was my first line of defense against getting lost. My second line of defense was my Garmin Fenix 3 HR GPS watch, but I will save that for another post. My third line of defense was my satellite messaging device (http://anthonygalluscio.com/anthony-galluscio-satellite-communicator/).
As my first line of defense against getting lost, this headlamp worked really well. Between the spot light, flood light, and dimmer controls I was able to have the brightness I needed when I needed it to find those hard to see blazes. I used this light for a couple of hours every morning and replaced the batteries only once towards the end of the hike.
- Pros: Lightweight, comfortable to wear, configurable, water resistant, and very bright.
- Cons: Requires 3 AAA batteries.
- Rating: Excellent
- Link: https://goo.gl/6Uaemj